Artika Sari Devi: Shooting Sessionwith the Little One

It’s been a long time since we’ve heard of this beau-tiful lady, moreover after she got married and had a daughter. At one chance, Arti met up with Tike – Artika Sari Dewi’s nick name – the 2004 Putri Indo-nesia who now has returned to the showbiz by starring in a movie together with Tora Sudiro.

The drama genre film placed Tika as the leading and central role of the entire movie. “At first when I got the script, I thought this would be just like any other drama film. How-ever, upon seeing the actors/actresses who are also involved in it, I was convinced that this will not be a regular drama,” said Tika as met in MD Entertainment’s office in Central Jakarta.

In her third movie titled “Roman Picisan” that was directed by Rako Prijatno, Tika played the character of Canting, a Solo origin girl who had to give in to the fixed marriage set up by her father. She admitted to finding no problems playing the role of Canting. Besides, Tika herself is of Solo origin and is quite comprehensive on Javanes customs.

“Canting’s character is rather similar to mine, since I was raised in a Java-nese family, so there are many things we have in common. The romantic relations that she has with her father portrayed in the movie is also how my relation is with my Father. I’m considered close to my Father, and he also gave me the freedom. The difference is that in this film, I’m the youngest child, so loved by the father that when it comes to finding my significant other, my father makes the decision,” Tika explained.

For the woman that was born in 29 September 1979, acting is a world full of challenges. That is why she wishes not to take for granted any role that comes to her responsibility. “I always look at the aspects of plot, direc-tor and fellow actors/actresses,” she claimed. But even so, Tika is not so picky towards her role or her co-player in any movie she stars in. She also wishes not to let her fans down and she always conduct researches for her upcoming roles.

Tika, who at that time was accompanied by the husband, Baim, told a little of her childhood life. Ever since she gave birth to Sarah Ebiela Ibra-him on October 2009, she decided to focus in taking care of her little one. The actress who played Siti in Opera Jawa also admitted to not wanting to lose valuable moments on the daughter’s growth. This can be seen by how she took her along to a rather distant shooting location.

“This is my first movie after maternity. Long time not being in front of the camera made me had to adapt a bit more with it. And since I’m still nursing the little one, I decided to take her along the shooting location. Seeing that the sets are quite distant, in Bali and Solo, sometimes there are hassles. There’s one time when I had to leave my baby at the hotel, because the shooting took place way inland. That worried me because the milk I supplied for her could run out at any time, and it drove me to tears when I had a hard time to keep on nursing her,” she remembered.

The decision this Bangka Belitung native made in providing exclusive nursing gained full support from Baim and her coworkers. She told that the entire crew always make the time for her when it comes to nursing the baby. “For now there is actually plenty of alternatives to replace breastfeeding, but for the sake of my child, let it be a hassle, cause it’s still fun,” spoke the lady.

The life of this young couple who got married on August 2008 is far from gossips. Though busy with their own thing, Tike claimed to always com-municate to keep the flame from fading away in their marriage. In a scene where she had to kiss with Tora, she asked her husband for permission, which was granted.

“Everything I do in showbiz is of course with my husband’s consent, because family always comes first. For the kissing scene with Tora, I made the time to discuss it with him, because it is a part of the story, and was acted out in a humorous way, so it got me more relaxed,” elab-orated the woman who made it through the top 15 of Miss Universe pageant in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...