Acha Septriasa: Reaching for the Dream

Perseverance in making a dream comes true.

A young lady shows her mournful face. She emits emotional bursts as a young man greets her. That harsh gesture started off from the financial issue she has been dealing with. With no hard feelings the man continues to approach and tries to help her in overcoming the problem she is facing by asking her to dream.

The rise and fall in chasing the dream makes their relationship filled with colors. The young lady, and the man who asked her to dream are played by Acha Septriasa and Fedi Nuril in a movie titled “Reaching for the Dream” directed by Hanung Bramantyo. This film is also Acha’s debut.

In an event that took place in a building at Sudirman estate, Arti spoke to the girl who is now listed as a student in a Malaysian university. Her petite body was dressed in a balloon shaped dress with ornaments application on the bottom. The girl who always looks cheerful then told the story of her recruitment process in a movie about a girl who reached for her dream and made her mother happy.

“When I heard that Mas Hanung was about to make a movie, I searched for information regarding that movie. One of my dreams was to play in one of his movies. I used many ways to get in contact with Mas Hanung, from BBM (BlackBerry Messenger), messaging him through facebook, to sending a direct message. But I never received any replies and it did get me down at that time,” said the girl with the full name Jelita Septriasa.

But Acha’s disappointment did not stay for too long. In an event, Acha had the chance to finally meet that man who also directed the movie “Jomblo”. In a coincidence, Hanung also asked Acha to come to his office and talk of the movie he is about to work on. “I was so thrilled when Mas Hanung finally offered me to cast for this movie, whereas what I know was, the casting process was already done. I was really happy and proud,” Acha said beamingly.

In the middle of that conversation, she also seemed relaxed and enthusiastic in talking about her upcoming movie and activities. While enjoying lunch this 21 years old girl turned to have a similarity on principle with the character of “Nur” she was playing. For her dreams are to be reached and made come true. What’s most important is to believe that every person can make their dream come true.

“I myself have the dream to work in the entertainment industry and now little by little I am living that dream. However it came with a lengthy journey, I didn’t get instantly famous like now. Until today, the movies I’ve been a part of have also taught me lessons that matured me. One of the most impressive movies for me is ‘Heart’,” affirmed this former girlfriend of soap opera actor Irwansyah.

Acha admitted that it is a certain pride to be able to support the family and give the best to both parents. “I may not be able to repay what my parents have provided for me all these times, but by taking them to the premiere of my movie, I feel as if I’ve already give them a sense of pride, hopefully”.

Her status as a student in Malaysia also had its time in the spotlight, because to date Acha still has a bunch of activities in the entertainment world that demand her to spend most of her time in Jakarta. But she still holds the principle that education comes first, and to work around it she finds spare times in the interim of subjects or take time off from campus. The actress that played brilliantly in the movie “Love” claimed to be a character that is a tomboy, critical, and unafraid to state an opinion.

Acha that was nominated as the best actress in the 2007 Indonesian Film Festival is also known to be skillful in singing. In her previous movies she also worked on the soundtrack, in a duet with her then boyfriend, Irwansyah. Now after their separation and with no movies together, Acha is still invited to sing two of the theme songs for her latest movie. One of the songs titled “Ibu” (“Mother”) is composed by herself. With the talents she has, Acha gains more confidence to stay in the entertainment business. Her still young age is also used as the medium for learning which may allow her to become more matured both from performance and experience aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...